At SIHL we partner with insurance companies offering coverage for your healthcare. In the event that your insurance plan requires you to pay an out-of-pocket expense, our team can assist you with clarifying the payable amount especially under following circumstances:
- Your health insurance provider does not have a contract with Shifa International Hospitals , which will require you to pay for all services.
- You do not have any health insurance cover and you want to bear the expense of your treatment
- Your insurance plan requires you to pay an out-of-pocket expense
- Estimated cost, however, may vary from the total actual charges incurred during treatment as it is subject to individual’s medical condition, final diagnosis, and recommended treatment.
- Full payment of the estimated cost of services will be requested at the point of registration or admission
- If the payment you submit is more than your final bill or actual charges, you will be refunded the difference once all charges have been processed
- If the estimated cost of service is less than your final bill or actual charges, you will be requested to cover any incurred balance(s)
- Cost containment through
- Evaluation of medical requirements
- Monitoring of Medical Expenses and timely updating the payer for additional expenses in case of the required extended length of hospitalization.
International Patient’s team is providing assistance and facilitation to expatriates and local nationals, seeking cost-effective quality care by an experienced specialists.
Shifa International Hospitals Ltd. Pakistan is one among the largest private sector hospital in the country. It is the only institute performing four major and high-end transplant surgeries including: Liver, Kidney, Bone Marrow and Cornea, in addition to more than 35 specialties.
Shifa International Hospitals Ltd. Pakistan has a dedicated international Patient’s assistance team based in Islamabad and a facilitation office in Dubai.
Mr. Ghulam Murtaza is one such patient, residing in emirate of Abu Dhabi UAE, who was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma in March 2020. He was advised to undergo Bone Marrow Transplant by his doctor in UAE.
Mr. Ghulam Murtaza contacted Shifa International’s Dubai Facilitation Office for details on treatment options, second medical opinion, costs, and length of stay among many others. He was facilitated for all his concerns and inquiries in addition to payment facilitation in UAE. The details thus enabled him in making an informed decision and plan his travel to Shifa International Hospitals ltd. Islamabad, Pakistan
Mr. Ghulam Murtaza underwent autologous BMT in June 2020
A comparison of average treatment costs for Bone Marrow transplant when compared with regional centers revealed a 41 to 45% savings advantage for patients treated at Shifa International Hospitals, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Treatment cost at different centers in Singapore for Stem cell transplant varies upto 400,000 USD.